Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Lost With A Scooter

We have spent the few days here whizzing around the Island on a scooter (Andy passed his scooter driving test out here – no doors to close!), swimming in the sea and cooking for ourselves. The greatest joy for me on the 1st day, after doing a bit of shopping was getting back to the flat and making myself a cheese sandwich - just cheese in bread - (if you’ve travelled through America, you’ll understand, simplicity in food is not their forte!). Enough of my self-imposed food issues – We are in paradise now!

Rarotonga itself resembles the island in Lost, with a big ominous volcanic rock at the centre, an impenetrable rainforest surrounding it, and a beautiful sandy beach (And probably the same amount of people living on it too!) Note: no black mist or polar bears to date.

Anyway, it’s been cloudy since we’ve arrived but still hot (25+), and the sea is perfect for swimming in. Andy swam out to the reef yesterday, and saw fish. I read a book on the beach and watched sand crabs scuttle about. I believe this is how our month will be spent. Happy Times!

Needless to say, we probably won’t be updating the blog too often over the next month – but keep leaving comments as it’s nice to know you still remember us (though once Andy’s beard is fully grown you may not recognise him).

Janine

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hello Smiths!

I've finally caught up with reading the blog (as I wipe my tears from all the laughter.) Glad to know that you are both safe and in good health.

Quick update on my front: It has been nearly two months since I last smoked a cigarette. And after Tena's comments that ever since I quit, my mouth has been like a 7-11, (always open,) I have had no choice but to join gym.)

Finally, I popped the question to her on the 25th of May. (And of course she said yes...) Tena and I were very grateful for the card and bubbly you left us. Cheers!

Well, my favorite British bums... enjoy life, and I shall speak to thee later!

- Joe Z.

neil said...

The piccies of the Cook Islands look amazing. I hope you are having a lovely relaxing time.